About Me

NY, United States

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Present to Myself

Back in October, I decided it was time to give myself a gift. I had been wanting a new camera for a while. My old point-and-shoot camera was frustratingly slow and unable to capture shots in certain lighting conditions. After a great deal of deliberation, consulting Consumers Reports, and internet research, I found a camera I was willing to put my money towards. Kelby agreed the deal I found was a good one, and I sprung for my new camera. Even after three months, it still feels new and wonderful. Christmas brought lots of accessories for the camera, so now I'm almost set.

And my camera is.... a Canon EOS Rebel T2i 18MP DSLR camera. In simpler terms, a really fast, impressive, digital, multiple lens, great quality semi-professional camera.

 Here is one of the first pictures I took, just playing around, and getting used to the size and weight of the camera. I am impressed at the depth of the photo; Skipper is in focus, and Kelby is blurry in the background.

A trip to the dog part resulted in the picture below. An owner and her two dogs. With this camera, I can take pictures consecutivly and later go back and pick the one I like. Here, both dogs have the same feet up in the air, and their owner also has a foot up. Cute, to me :)

Skipper and I take lots of walks. I happened to take my camera on this walk and saw a sunset in process. Playing with the different settings resulted in one of my favorite pictures so far....

Kelby and I were slow at putting up our Christmas tree this December. Once it was up, lights on, and the ornaments hung with care, I decided it would be good to documents our efforts. So using my new camera, of course, here is a snapshot of our hard work (pun intended...haha).

What do you think of my new camera?

1 comment:

  1. I love it!! The cardinal one is one of my favorites. And of course teeny little Skipper, in particular the one of him running. Sitting in the snow looking at you couldn't get much cute. I miss you guys!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete