About Me

NY, United States

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Texas Snow

We had a huge ice storm a couple of days ago. With the temperature staying below freezing, the roads have been a mess. And then God gave us 6 inches of snow today! Woohoo. I bundled up myself and Skipper, Kelby got dressed, and outside we went, to play in the snow. I was hesitant to bring my camera, but Kelby encouraged me, and you can see the great results.


Look at all that snow! I tried to be creative and interesting while still showing the surrounding. Near the end of our walk, I watched this Cardinal fly into a tree. I took shots with my small lens, then pulled out my telephoto lens in order to get a close-up. In the photo, the bird looks as if it was showing attitude. 

A night-time walk resulted in the following picture. I liked the shadows on the snow, without a flash.

4 comments:

  1. Love the pictures. The snow is so beautiful! Skipper looks like he really enjoyed it! Love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristin and Kelby! I'll have you know this is the first blog I've ever looked at! Still figuring this out - but I think I'm posting a comment on your photos - love the one of Skipper running in the snow. I'm looking forward to the pesto recipe. :)
    Love,
    (Aunt) Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kayla, yes you figured it out! I'm glad you will be reading :)

    ReplyDelete