About Me

NY, United States

Sunday, July 14, 2013

These are a few of my favorite things...

Or technically, Heidi's favorite things right now, as a 3 month old baby.

Oball 
Heidi loves this toy! It is lightweight and easy for her to grab onto. All the holes in the ball make it easy for her to wrap her fingers around. She is able to hold onto it with one hand or with two, and brings it to her mouth. I love that it doesn't make any noise, so it is good for those places where others want Heidi quiet. She even transferred this toy from one hand to another. (yes, that is a developmental skill). Here she is pointing to the ball, trying to tell us "yes, this is a favorite toy. It's right here. See?!?!" And I gave you a preview of her 3 month pictures, yes I know the shadows are funny but I loved her expressions.

Heidi

Skwish 
Not sure I would have spent the money on this toy, but right now Heidi is enjoying it. It has a similar entertainment value as the Oball, but it makes noise as the beads slide back and forth. I like how it is made out of wood and a type of nylon rope, so it gives her different textures to feel and to try and put into her mouth. And try she does!  If this toy is lying next to Heidi, she feels it and then grabs it independently. I have no concerns about this toy coming apart. It seems well constructed.

Heidi
Art Cards for Baby
People are amazed at how these capture Heidi's attention. She will look at one picture for a few minutes, and it is neat watching her eyes travel around the picture, looking at all the different parts. I like all the pictures in this set, the Original Collection, except for the cat. That one is freaky looking. I also like the fact that on the back of each picture is the name of the animal. I'm hoping Heidi will use them in the future too. But for now, it is great for her vision development, and I will talk about the picture and make silly animal sounds.

Eric Carle Butterfly Toy
The first time Heidi saw this toy, she was memorized and continued to examine the toy for an extended period of time. She will also give huge smiles when she sees this toy. Fascinating to watch as she looks at all the different parts of the butterfly. As of now, she likes the crinkly part the best. It will continue to grow with her as she learns new skills.

More favorite things to follow....


*I used Amazon as links because Amazon is easy, and everything is in one place. That's all. We received or bought these toys from numerous stores.*


No comments:

Post a Comment