About Me

NY, United States

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

pictures from our day

Here are a few pictures from the last couple days.


Before moving, I wanted to document Heidi's first bedroom. Not too shabby, for an apartment. Numerous sentimental items spread throughout, from the rocking chair, to the quilt on the back of the futon, to the animals and books on the wall above the crib, to the crib skirt, to Heidi's letter name.
Heidi's Texas room

Notice how close both dogs are to me! They both follow me from room to room. This is a great activity for face-to-face time. Depending on where I place Heidi on my legs, will depend on how much head control she is required to do. If I take away my pillow, it turns into a stomach crunch workout for me. We sing a made-up Bouncing song, and Heidi smiles the entire time. As a side benefit, it helps relieve pressure on Heidi's stomach.
Kristin "flying" Heidi.

With work, I was always reluctant to have families use flashcards during therapy/play sessions. Most people hear flashcards, and picture a child sitting at a desk, running math facts. This is far from that! With the kids under age three, flashcards can be useful, as there is only one picture in front of the child at a time. This way, you can ensure the picture that the child is looking at, is the same picture that you are talking about. Heidi will do this activity for about 10 minutes, at a picture a minute. We are using these flashcards. As she grows, I like the fact that there are textured parts on the picture for her to touch (using another sense besides vision). Also, they are pictures of actual objects, not cartoon drawings.
Kristin and Heidi looking at pictures

Heidi is enthralled and focused. Great fine motor activity by holding the card, as she tries to put it into her mouth. Receptive language activity as I am describing the picture as she looks at it. Expressive language activity as when she "talks" to the card, I respond back to her, thus reinforcing her attempts at sounds.
Heidi holding a picture

I just liked the storm clouds in this picture.
Fast moving storm.

Some naps, I just let Heidi fall asleep on the floor where she was playing. She has started this habit of rolling to her side to fall asleep. She happened to be holding a blanket before she fell asleep (I took it away after taking the picture, not comfortable with the suffocation risk yet). And yes, she is sucking her thumb. Most times, she refuses a pacifier! And yes, she is without clothes on. Most days, it is too hot, as in 80+ inside temperature, and that is with the AC running.
Heidi trying to sleep.

I feel like a productive wife this evening. Any bets on whether Kelby even notices this in the fridge? I made Red Beans and Rice, and it was delicious. I cut back slightly on the spicy flavor, hopefully Heidi doesn't revolt tomorrow. Lots of leftovers.
Kelby's lunch

No comments:

Post a Comment