About Me

NY, United States

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Fudgie Pops

I enjoy "reading" cookbooks. I read recipes/looked at pictures in a cookbook called Taste of Home, Kid Approved Cookbook by Readers Digest. In it I found a couple good-sounding recipes, and knew I had to try the Fudgie Pops. I made them yesterday, and they are delicious!!!! I always prefer to cook and bake myself, rather than buying processed foods, and this was a perfect recipe. I avoided some of the more tedious aspects of the recipe for simplicity sake, decreased sugar slightly, and reduced the sodium amounts.

Fudgie Pops


Fudgie Pops
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup flour
4 cups milk
1 1/3 cups brown sugar
1/3 cup baking cocoa
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
molds to use in the freezer

In large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk. Stir in brown sugar, cocoa and salt. Bring to a boil, cook and continually stir for 2-3 minutes, or until thickened.

Remove from heat, stir in vanilla. Pour into molds (or small plastic containers for when you run out). Freeze until firm. I just had to eat one while I wrote this out. Now I have to restrain myself from eating a couple more.

No comments:

Post a Comment