About Me

NY, United States

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Sick

So my illness turned into Bronchitis. Yuck. I'm coughing all the time, and sometimes cough for 5-10 minutes straight. My stomach muscles hurt. While nursing, Heidi flinches when I cough, and she looks at me as if trying to say "what are you doing mommy? I'm trying to drink here."

In all the numerous books I read during pregnancy, and with all the families I worked with, and in my college/post-grad classes, no one warned me how challenging it is to be sick and try to take care of a baby. It's hard! For a couple days, Heidi lay on the floor with toys around her, and I lay next to her. She was fed, with a clean diaper, and I was guzzling apple juice. That was the extent of my abilities. Sure glad that the dogs realized I was sick, and weren't demanding. My mind feels better, but I still don't have energy. If I try to do something, even like folding laundry, the coughing increases.

A change of plans with Heidi's helmet. The company is not expediting the appointments, so we have yet had the next appt for more detailed images of Heidi's head. We therefore would only be able to have one adjustment before moving. And with the company being something like 6 hours from where we are moving, that didn't seem realistic for 8 or 9 weekly trips for adjustments. Now, I will get a second opinion from a company, Hanger Prosthetics & Orthotics just a few miles away! And it also gives me a month to try extensive re-positioning and neck stretches to see if that makes a difference.

Oh, and I just left everyone hanging about Skipper's vet appt last week. He did really well, and his heart and blood pressure are much better. He's cleared from visiting any vet for 6 months, unless I see a change in his behaviors or eating patterns etc. Yay! Now he has to remain on a 2 times daily medicine regime, with 2 pills each time being shoved down his throat. At least we have a while longer with him. I wasn't ready to say bye... will I ever be ready?

No comments:

Post a Comment