About Me

NY, United States

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Tortured by Bugs

Two days ago, Kelby convinced me to go fishing with him. We packed up his fishig pole and the dogs and drove to the nearest state park. It was evening, but the bugs didn't seem bad. Boy, was I mistaken. I watched the dogs, took burrs off of Sophie, and read a book. Kelby had a few bites on his line, but was not able to reel in a fish. I knew I had a few bites around my ankles, but they were not bad. That turned out to be a HUGE understatement!

All of yesterday more and more bites showed themselves. By last night, I was in tears, as they hurt excessively. Kelby stopped at the store on his way home from work. Then we spent an hour trying to come up with a solution to stop the itching. NOTHING has helped. Today I have not been able to focus my mind, except to try and  prevent myself from itching. It's hard to count all the bites, but I think I have around 40. Yes, 40 large red splotches.

We think they are chiggers (which we do not have in the Northeast). They are between my knees and shoulders, and concentrated on my butt. We believe they can last over a week. This will be a looooong week. Kelby has a couple, but my body seems to react much stronger than his. Skipper also has some on his legs and feet,  and he keeps licking and scratching. So I am not alone in my misery. I have not had this type of reaction since I found out that I am allergic to Tylenoll. But this experience helps me to understand what my kids go through when they fight different allergies.

Currently I am sitting in the bathtub, with the coldest water that I can tolerate. Pray that God takes away the itching, and heals my skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment