About Me

NY, United States

Monday, May 28, 2012

My Good Deed

Day: thursday
Location: Frisco, TX
Time: morning
Details: I was driving in a neighborhood for work, and noticed two dogs running on the sidewalk. I pulled over and called them to me. Unexpectedly they both came! I found my waterbottle, and one of them started to drink. At this time, I noticed they were both panting and neither had a collar. After contemplating the situation for a minute, I decided on a plan of action. I opened the back door and the yellow lab jumped in. The chocolate spanial took a little coaxing, but made it. I blasted the air conditioning, and drove around the neighborhood. No one was out looking for a dog. I saw a mom playing outside, and asked her if she knew where the dogs belonged, but she did not know. I called Kelby, and he looked up shelter information or me. I realized Plano was closer, but on the phone they refused to take the dogs. At this point, I noticed the time and didn't have time to drive them to the shelter that would accept them. I called a few friends, but could not drop the dogs in their back yards. Finally, a friend said yes! I went to my next couple work appts, then drove back and picked up the dogs. It was sad leaving them at the shelter. But good news, the spanial had a microchip, so hopefully the shelter was able to contact their owners.

Having two large dogs in my car, reminded me how having little dogs can be easier. The  dog slobbered on the window, and my car now smells like hot dog. Ewwwwww.....

No comments:

Post a Comment