About Me

NY, United States

Monday, February 27, 2012

Random thoughts

I was at walmart the other night to buy a few groceries. As I was checking out, an elderly gentleman started talking to me. After a couple of pleasantries, he asked it I was a movie star. Now to put this question into perspective - I was wearing workout pants and a baggy sweatshirt. I smiled back at him and said no, I'm not. Hehe

Sophie loves to eat Skipper's food. Typically, she will stand next to him and watch. If he leaves a piece behind, she is quick to eat it. If she finds his food bowl on the floor before I pick it up, she will grab a few pieces. When I notice this happening, I tell her "no. Drop it"  and take the food out of her mouh. Since this has happened numerous times, now I primarily just have to look at her and she will drop the food and run off. She knows, but I guess the food tastes too good.

I leave my dog-walking sneakers outside our front door. I only use this pair when walking on the grass with the puppies, as there are lots of owners who don't pick up after their dog. So when these sneakers get dirty or muddy, I dont become (too) frustrated. But this weeken, I opened the door, and my sneakers were not there. Some of Kelby's shoes were, but not my sneakers. Someone took them! I'm not sure who would want dirty sneakers, but someone did. Oh so frustrating and annoying.


I've had an image in my mind of what I was hoping this blog would turn into. Over this past year, the image has shifted and changed. I have read one blog where a couple both quit their jobs to run the blog full-time, and make enough money to support their family. They also have a book on the way! You can find them HERE. That is such a neat concept, to write in this manner, get paid, and reach millions of people. I am NOT saying I want this blog to go that far, but as someone who never liked to write, and never thought I was good at writing, it is neat to have this possibility. 


Writing without pressure, to pass information or thoughts on to others is encouraging. As I write, something an english teacher once said comes to mind. He said that every phrase we write should not be a cliche or popular saying. I think about this, but then still write how I want to. I wonder what teachers or professors think about this style of writing. And not just the common sayings/slang, but the conversational aspect. But on the other hand, it does not matter. What does matter is God's approval.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment