About Me

NY, United States

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

What is in the past?

I've been super interested in finding out my ancestors and to see how far back in time I can connect people. It started when I found a couple of old books at my Grandma's house, from 1853 and 1905. That was a few years ago, but with the show "Who Do You Think You Are?" and not working two jobs, I now have time for research!

Using the internet, and the free parts of Ancestry.com, I have found lots and lots of information and people. I can go back up to 14 generations in some lines of my family. There are geneology books written from the early 1900's that have the names of some of my ancestors. Cool!

My great-grandmother on my mom's side of the family owned a Bridal Shop. I was able to find her obituary, which held the name of the Bridal Shop and where in Italy my great-great-grandparents were from. From there, I found a picture from 1970, with her shop still standing (the one next to the Office Equipment store). I find all of this fascinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment