About Me

NY, United States

Monday, May 2, 2011

A New Month

I cannot believe we are already into May. That means June, July, and then August = marriage!!! Whooohooo! I wonder how we will fit everything into the apartment. Hmmm. Time is going by so fast; I think about blog posts, but it seems as if my computer time has decreased.

This weekend strawberries were on sale at Sprouts (one of my favorite grocery stores). Kelby and I bought a bunch; with intentions of making strawberry jamI typically try to make healthy recipes. This one is an exception. I grew up with this jam always available, and it’s my grandmother's recipe. So last night, and tonight, it was time to restock the freezer with a new batch of jam. It is delicious!  My favorite way to eat it is on a spoon, still warm from cooking.

In case you would like to try it, here's the recipe, with pictures.

Strawberry Jam
- strawberries
- sugar

It only takes 2 ingredients! Cut up the strawberries into small pieces. Put into a large saucepan; add equal amounts of sugar as to strawberries. In this picture, I have 8 cups of strawberries, and then 8 cups of sugar. Yes, it seems like a lot of sugar, but it will work in the end, I promise.



Stir, and then cook on medium heat until it comes to a boil. Cook on low until the broth is dark and clear. Cool. Store in fridge or freezer. Wonderful on toast, cheesecake, pp&j, or a spoon!


And now a few artistic pictures :)


1 comment:

  1. Kristin, it looks like you made a great batch of strawberry jam. Your first "artistic" picture shows the deep color of the strawberries. My favorite way to sample the jam is the same as yours and brings back wonderful memories of making large quantities of jam together.

    ReplyDelete