About Me

NY, United States

Monday, March 21, 2011

Sewing Machine and Cloth Wipes

Sorry for the lack of posts the past couple of weeks. Sickness, and then a long road trip with Kelby took me away from the computer.

My sewing machine arrived, with lots of pieces and a large instruction book. The first night I played with the numerous settings, winding the bobbin, and threading the needle. It self-threads, but is a little finicky.



I decided to keep it easy for my first project. A co-worker is doing cloth diapers, so I made some cloth wipes for her. After reading lots of websites, I chose cloth flannel as my fabric, patterned for one side, and one color for the other side. I used cloth flannel because I read it does the best for cleaning baby bottoms, and it was on sale at JoAnn Fabrics :) I cut lots of 8x8 squares of fabric, and then used my NEW sewing machine to sew both pieces of fabric together. I used one stitch, straight lines, and made 90 degree turns. And then I had to figure out how to use the cutting feature as well!!! FYI, 8x8 was chosen because they will fit into regular baby wipe containers.


Wonder what my next project will be????

4 comments:

  1. Kristin... you have to make me some cloth wipes!! I'll pay you!! you could sell these things! really cute! text me/facebook me...im serious i want some! =) Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so do you "wipe" with the patterned side or the solid color side?

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura - does it matter which side is the wipe side? Amber - I'd love to make some for you, well I guess for Hudson :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome!! well im really not too picky about fabric (as long as its not pink) haha!Let me know how much it cost you to make and what not! ugh i wish i could i sew!

    ReplyDelete