About Me

NY, United States

Saturday, January 29, 2011

First Blog

I am not sure who will read this, but I thought I would try it out. I enjoy reading my friend's blogs, and looking at all their pictures. I thought... if I like their efforts... maybe I should make an effort too... and see who enjoys this one. We will see what happens. Oh, and I love the background of books, books, and books.

As well, I have been stuck to the bed or couch the past few days with a nasty, infectious, sinus infection. This leads my mind to have lots of time to wonder.

I drifted over to Kelby's computer, since I am able to use his laptop from the couch. Searched the internet for new recipes to cook, and found some yummy sounding ones. For a while now, I have enjoyed corn nuts and roasted peas. So when I read this recipe, I knew it was for me. Instead of all the extra salt and fat from the store, I can make my own Roasted Chickpeas!

Ingredients
  Canned chickpeas, drained
  Olive oil
  Kosher salt
  Red pepper/cayenne pepper

Directions
Preheat over to 400 degrees F. Mix all ingredients in a bowl, to taste. Lay on a cookie sheet in one layer. Bake 45 minutes to one hour, depending on how crunchy you like them. Stir every 10 minutes as they cook. Cool, eat and enjoy. I made 2 cans at once, and will eat them in a few days. But be aware, lots of fiber so don't just eat them all at once.

They are delicious. But Kelby said I am not allowed to eat them again when I am sick, as they are SUPER crunchy and LOUD!

No comments:

Post a Comment