About Me

NY, United States

Monday, March 17, 2014

All in God's timing

Back in January, Kelby and I discussed buying furniture for our empty formal living room. I really really really wanted couches in the room, so that it could be more functional. While playing in there, we would sit on the hard cold wooden floor. Not comfortable. Thus our discussions on furniture. We went to a couple stores, and even agreed on a couch and loveseat, and recliner chair. For some reason, I was not at peace with going forward with the purchase. Did I mention how much I wanted this furniture? There was even a deal for free delivery. But something was holding me back. That something was God. He was telling me to "wait" even though I didn't want to. We tried to justify the purchase by looking through expenses for that month, cutting even more corners, and came up with a number that we would be comfortable spending. But something still didn't feel right. So we waited on a decision. In waiting on a decision, we made the decision of "no" for now.

A few weeks later, we received the last bill from my hospital stay for having Heidi. I knew it was out there, but didn't know how much it would be after insurance finally covered their portion. When I opened the bill, I was shocked!!!. The bill was $1,052. Can you guess the total amount we had put aside for furniture? $1,054. An answer to an unspoken prayer. In just buying a house, we did not have this kind of money laying around. But God knew we would need it.

So instead of new furniture in January, we paid a hospital bill. Not as exciting, but it was our responsibility.

And thanks to God for the reminder that He has everything under his control, and in His timing. Now, if I can only recognize and listen to His voice all the time.


Heidi standing at our new couches. With a rug from
my parents underfoot. The room is comfortable now!



No comments:

Post a Comment