About Me

NY, United States

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Heidi 9 months

Heidi's 9 month picture. Yes, we are officially helmet free!!!!! Just over a week ago, we had another scan of her head, and she now has a more symmetrical head shape. It was recommended that I wean her off of the helmet (as she would have to adjust to her head weighing less, and not having the protection around her head), so we took a few days of a couple hours on, couple hours off routine. Last monday night was her last time wearing it thru the night. And we have not looked back!

I LOVE being able to see, touch, smell, and kiss her hair. Giving her hugs is more rewarding. I gave her a bath, and it felt like I forgot something, because I didn't have to give the helmet a bath as well. Getting her dressed is easier. But having her wear the helmet for over 3 months was worth the financial expense, stress, appointments, and the "what if's...." So thankful I took action when I did. Now when Heidi is older, we will be able to confidently say that we did everything possible. In the end, good experience. And would recommend the process to others contemplating their child's head shape.

Here's a few from the session.... I couldn't pick. And she is too cute to have to pick.

"official" 9 month picture, as it has all the elements.

Heidi

Heidi reading a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment